Addiction.

This is from Creative Copy Challenge. The object is to use ten words and build a cohesive story. The ten words are bold. I tried something different with this one in the way I formed the story.

The light starts to shine
through the broken blinds of eastward facing window.
My corneas burn
at the slightest hint of morning
I've lost track of time
And how long I've had to wait since my last drink.
They tell me I need to quit.
To give it up. It's what is best for me.
Screw them!
I have to live my life as a game.
Always adjusting. Always thinking about the next time I score.
With it, I know I'm safe. I know I'm secure.
Like a slave, I'm lead
Down the line I'm familar with as it calls my name.
Eric....
I don't recognize the man
as I pass the mirror.  He looks like crap
And I feel just like him.
How much further?
I get to the kitchen,
Open the fridge and take out a can.
In an all too automatic motion
I pop the top and down the ice cold goodness
and become raptured
as the sweet necter from Heaven passes through my veins.
I can start my day now.
I love Dr Pepper.

Comments