My Superhero.

Believe it or not, I might be a geek.  I know. I know.  This is something that is hard to believe, but I am.  I also haven't been the swoll BMOC you all believed me to be.  I never really came out and said I was though.  I just may have never denied it.

But I've been a geek for a long time.  During that time, I've read a lot of comic books.  So I've learned quite a bit about super heroes.

In comics, Spider Man was my favorite superhero.  Superheroes step in because there needs to be more done than what is currently being done.  They realize they were given this responsibility as a gift, and it is up to them to make the decision in order to use it or not.  The people they save or take care of sometimes don't even know they are being saved.  The situation can be so large, only the hero knows the extent of it.  They sometimes make decisions that sacrifice relationships, or cause friction with people they truly care about in order to keep everyone safe.

Being a superhero is often a thankless job.  They can spend many many issues fighting some villain, only for the people to be pissed off because they didn't do enough or someone they were trying to save lost something during the battle.  

They do the work others can't.  They stay up late making sure everyone is safe. They do it and not expect payment.  They stand up and fight no matter what the odds.  If it's the biggest villain they've ever faced, they still get in there and fight, even if it means their possible death.  

They have people that talk bad about them.  People call them selfish.  People can sometimes be jealous of the hero.  Maybe being a hero is what others have always wanted, but can't understand why this particular hero gets to have the powers they do.

Sometimes the hero may seem that fighting the fight is pointless.  That change is taking so long and it seems like people don't even care.  They may even say, "fine, let them take care of it themselves."  Yet deep down they know they can't ever give up.  They will continue to fight despite the victory being so far in the future.  Because the well being of the many is more important than their own.  

They will continue to fight and do the dirty work others can't.  They will fight even if they never get a thank you.  They will fight even if others are mad at them.  They will fight until their dying breath to make sure the world they have been given to protect is able to rest every night.

Because of that, that is why my wife, Kristie, continues to be the superhero of Boltonshire.  


Happy Birthday Sweetie.  You are an amazing woman, a wonderful mother and a loving wife.  Without you Boltonshire would be in chaos.





Comments