Not A Mid-Life Crises.

The other day I saw a post from my cousin on Facebook.  It reminded me of something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and that was to compete in the Warrior Dash.

It's an extreme obstacle course where you can run, swim in a river, leap over fires and over cars.  Along with 3 miles of other stuff.

I looked it up and found out there is going to be an event in November the same weekend as my birthday.  I thought this would be a cool birthday present and told KC about it when she got home.

Eric "The Warrior" Bolton:  Hey Sweetie, I know what I want for my birthday.

KC: Uh.. okay?!? [looking down at her phone]

Eric "The Warrior" Bolton:  I want to do the Warrior Dash.

KC: [looks up] What the heck is that?

Eric:  It's an obstacle course where you run, crawl through mud, jump over cars and leap over fire.

She looks at me like I'm seven ways of retarded.

KC: You want to jump over cars and fire on your birthday.

Eric:  Yes.

KC:  Why?

Eric:  Because I want too.  I've wanted to do this since I heard about it.

KC:  Is this like a mid-life crises?

Eric: No!  Why?? Because I want to run an obstacle course and jump over cars and thru fire??

KC:  It's just I've never heard you mention it.

Eric:  It's because I forgot about it until tonight.

KC: Okay?!?

Eric:  It's NOT a mid-life crises.




I mean seriously!?!?! Who doesn't want to do the following for no good reason?!?!


Leap Over Fire

Almost Drown In a River of Logs

Crawl Thru The Mud

Look Like an Idiot while doing it.

And it's not a mid-life crises.





Comments