My Stash.

Not This 'Stash.
So I never really followed up from my trip to Fort Worth to pick up my comic book collection.  I took off at 3:30 AM and got back home about 2:30PM.  I only stayed in Fort Worth about 20 minutes in all because I had to get back to San Antonio before 3.

I brought home 34 boxes of various sizes.  Some boxes contained maybe 50 comics others over 200.  So all in all, I believe I gained about 2500 books from the trip.

Not bad for $500.00.

Even though I think I've gone through every box, I still do not have a complete list of what I have, just a general idea.

Some facts about the Stash:
  • The previous owner was a true collector.  He collected from about 1968 to the early 80's. 
  • He bought them all news stand and subscription.  More than likely not from a comic book store as back issues.
  • The previous owner was one of the first winners of the lottery in Florida from what I understand.
  • He didn't have any family, which is why the books were not bequeathed to anyone.
  • One DC comic in the whole bunch.  The Atom # 65.
  • Apparently this was only half, because the other half was lost in a flooded basement.
  • Almost complete sets of Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Dare Devil, Uncanny X-Men, Incredible Hulk, Ghost Rider, Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos from 1968 to 1983.
  • Tons and tons and TONS of Conan the Barbarian.
  • A lot of anthologies with suspense stories about aliens, monsters and zombies.
While writing this, I thought maybe the half that was lost in the flood were all the DC (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern) comics that are noticeably absent.  Then I also thought, what if the half that were lost in the flood were ones from years prior (1960 - 1968).  Which could have been the first Spider-Man, first Fantastic Four, Iron Man and Hulk.

I honestly don't want to think about that part any more.

I think he was a big Conan and Vampire guy because there is more of them than anything.  The Conan ones are the main ones I'll get rid of.  I'll probably sell them on Craigslist or to a comic shop.

Some of my more notables are:  (I'll list those only who had movies)

Iron Fist #19 - First Sabretooth
Amazing Spider-Man #252 - First Venom Costume


Marvel Spotlight #5 - First Ghost Rider


Amazing Spider-Man #121 - Death of Gwen Stacy


X-Men #101 - Birth of the Phoenix
Amazing Spider-Man #129 - First Punisher

Incredible Hulk #181 - First Wolverine


Again, I haven't gone through every single bin, but I'm pretty sure I've found the most prized ones.


So, there you go.







Comments