New York Dork Tour 2K10

As my few readers know, my trip to New York is in a couple of days.  I've been looking forward to this trip ever since the initial planning.  When KC was away for the week, I would stay up late and research locations to visit while in NYC.  Most of the locations I looked up had to do something with New York through movies.  

My mother already told me and my brothers she has a loose itenerary set for our stay.  I'm sure she has all the staple attractions on the list with much excitement showing off her new town to her eldest son.  I will take pictures and post them to Facebook with much enthusiasm.  But since she said she had a "loose itenerary", I figured I could put some requests in to complete my first Dork in New York adventure.


"Monk's" Diner
"Monk's" a.k.a. Tom's Restaurant - The diner Jerry Seinfeld, George Costanza, Elane Bennes, and Cosmo Kramer visited pretty much every episode.

The Soup Nazi
"The Soup Nazi" a.k.a. The Original Soup Man - Another Seinfeld stop.  It's August, it's stinkin' hot. Do I need to eat soup?  No.  I just want to go in and see the inspiration for a great character from the Seinfeld Universe.

Ghostbusters' HQ
Ghostbusters' HQ a.k.a. Hook and Ladder 8 - I'm not sure if my mom plans on taking us down to the financial district where this building is located. But if we get the chance, I'm going to go see it.

Dana Barret's Apartment
Dana Barret's Apartment Building a.k.a. Spook Central a.k.a 55 Central Park West - The apartment building where Zuel was going to bring all the ghosts into our world in Ghostbusters.  I wonder if they will let us on the roof so we could get the Ghostbusters' perspective of Stay Puft attacking.  Since this is adjacent to Central Park, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it.

Some places that are not as familiar to everyone but mostly to my wife would be:
  • Just Around the Corner Bookstore Location
  • Parson's the School for Design
  • Mood Fabrics

Since my son is all into acting and theatre, I'm going to find where his favorite play (In the Heights) is being shown.

I'm also going to have to try and find Spider Man and at least one Ninja Turtle.  I would like to visit Avengers' Mansion or the Baxter Building, but I'm not sure if we'll have the time.

Do any of you have any favorite spots or locations you might want to request a picture of?

Have a great day my friends.

Comments