'Cause I Got Five Kids....

While I was in New York, some things bothered my siblings and future sister-in-law.  They would ask why something wasn't affecting me, and I would reply oblivious to their pain.  For instance, they got annoyed when a kid was screaming on the bus.  It didn't bother me honestly because I have five kids.

"'Cause I got five kids" was my catch phrase while on vay-cay.  Towards the end of the visit, everyone else was saying it before I would.  I didn't know if it's because they understood or they were simply annoyed.

So I came up with this list.  After each line, you can add the phrase, "...cause I got five kids!"


  • My sleeping schedule is so screwed up, I was waking up at 5:50AM while in New York, which means it was 4:50 back at home.....
  • I have no time to commit to any sports franchise or even my old college football schedule....
  • I work usually work 20 plus hours of over time....
  • A kid screaming three feet from me does not cause me to cringe, move away or get annoyed....
  • I drive a 2008 mini van and it's still not big enough....
  • I need to have a logistical plan of attack when going someplace new and unfamiliar....
  • My food sometimes gets cold before I have a chance to eat it....
  • Our house is always a mess....
  • If you come over and it does not appear to be a mess, do not go into our room because we threw everything in there....
  • Laundry sucks....
  • I sometimes feel we aren't invited places....
  • After Christmas parties, we have to rent a UHaul to bring all the gifts home....
  • I'm more emotionally attached to Dora, Diego and Sponge Bob than I am to shows in my demographic....
  • My carpet has stains that resemble the entire archipelago of Philippine islands....
  • I no longer care if a stain that might resemble Guam shows up....
  • My wife stays at home because with her working will only pay for daycare....
  • I don't get drunk....
  • I probably should....
  • It is never quiet in the house between the hours of 6AM and 9PM....
  • I can change a diaper with my eyes closed....
  • I never would change a diaper with my eyes closed....
  • I wish I didn't have to work 20 plus hours of overtime a week....
  • I wish I could win the lotto and didn't have to work at all....
  • I'd eat cold food for every meal if it meant their's was served on time and hot....
  • Honestly, I'd rather stay at home sometimes and just hang with them.....
  • I love Christmas time, especially Christmas morning after Santa comes....
  • Five smiles make my heart happy....
  • My heart will never be empty of love....
  • I will always be taken care of....
  • At least one kid will always want to give me a hug whenever I want one....
  • My wife and I are blessed beyond belief....
  • I may be tired, I may get grumpy, I may not be able to finish my dreams just yet, the house may be a mess, but my life is perfect and I love everything about it....



Have a great week my friends...

Comments