Out for Lunch..

I've been blogging for a while now.  Now I'm not saying that I'm a celebrity or anything like that, but this blog has brought me quite a bit of recognition.  And I'm not just talking from my mother and mother-in-law.


There was this time I was approached by this random stranger who asked me..

"Are you that funny blogger dad with five kids??"

Why yes, thanks for reading.. I appreciate it..

"I really like your book..."

Yeah, thanks.. .............. Uhh?? What book??

"Your book Sugar Milk."

Umm.. I didn't write that book?

"You're not Ron Mattocks??"

Uhh no.

Then she gets pissed off, walks away and calls me a d-bag.

Well now there's going to be even more confusion between Ron and myself because he was suckered into letting me guest post on his blog Clark Kent's Lunchbox today. 

Ron and I have a few things in common.  We're both from Texas, we're both father's of five kids, we're both step-fathers, and we're both kind of a big deal.  Him more than me.  Ron recently released his first book recently about being a stay at home dad.  I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but I haven't had a chance to read ANY book since my son was born. 

So today over at the Lunchbox, I'm talking about step-kids.  Recently, I took issue with parents constantly referring to their spouses children as "step-kids".  It's a little more serious than what you're use to here.  So please go check it out and if you're not familiar with Clark Kent's Lunchbox, go check it out and buy his book.


But before you do that.. Go read my guest post...

Comments