Father's Day Weekend

I hope that the dads out there had a great Father's Day Weekend.  I know I did.  My weekend actually started on Friday afternoon.  I was invited to go fishing with my father-in-law and brother-in-law.  At first I thought maybe it was a trap.  I couldn't remember if I had pissed off KC in recent memory to the point where she called in that "favor" from her brother and father.  We spent the night at the lake and we had a great time hanging out, talking and catching the occassional fish.
It was my first time really fishing in my adult life.  We ended the trip with a total of seven catches eight if you count the turtle my brother in law snagged
I was the winner with a 24inch catfish.  It's the big one you see here. 

I was quite proud of my score.
I get home Saturday afternoon and hang out with the family.  We talk about our time apart and about plans possibly of taking the kids fishing eventually. 
Sunday we went to church and KC and the kids gave me my gifts.  My wife if so cool.  She got me a Captain America T Shirt.  The drawings from the children were all awesome.  We spent time with KC's dad, my dad and brother, and a little time with KC's step-dad. 
Her mom and step-dad got me a pretty sweet tool box and tool set.  I will not be borrowing his tools for a while now.
I'm legit.

The only downside was that MaddSkillz is in North Carolina and couldn't be here.
  
How was your weekend??
Have a great week my friends..

Comments