I'm In The Wrong Blogging Business

I started tracking my stats for this blog about a month and a half ago. I wanted to see how crappy my blog really was. I mean, after Intergalactic De-Lurker Day 2010 was a bust for me, I figured I really did have only three readers.

I was shocked when I saw I had as many numbers as I did. As of Monday, I had over 1400 page loads. That's pretty sweet right?

My mediocre blog has come a long way since I first started boring people with my boring family. Some of my readers are obligated because to read or just click the link because they are related to me by blood or marriage. There are others who are equally guilted into subscribing because I leave comments on their blogs.

But does that equate 1400 page loads since the beginning of February? Yeah it's only about 32 hits a day, but with averaging 5 comments a day?? There's something missing.

It has to be those people who find me via search engines. So I checked out the keyword analysis and realized I'm in the wrong blogging business.

Here's how people found me via Google, AOL, BING, et al:

PEG WUSSY - Uh thanks??

DORA AND DIEGO LIVE SHOWS IN UTAH 2010 - The fact that someone clicked on something that wasn't a Nick.com website amazed me.

PICTURE OF SOMEONE WINNING THE SUPER MEGA LOTTERY - The ironic thing is, they found a picture of someone with a bad credit score.

"I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE TODAY" QUOTE FROM MOVIE - Answer: "Clerks" But that's about the only thing I said from Clerks. I haven't dropped the "f-bomb" once. Or mention the number 37.

HOT GIRL FROM JOE'S CRAB SHACK - She's right here.

HOT CHIK (x2) - Again, right here.

Now I'm not making this next stuff up. But here is how the majority of people not guilted or obligated type in to find my site.

NAUSEA FINAGRIN
FINAGRIN SUPPOSITORY
FINAGRIN PILL
WHAT IS FINAGRIN
FINAGRIN
ANTI-NAUSEA FINAGRIN
ANTI-NAUSEA FINAGRIN
FINAGRIN CREAM
FINAGRIN CREAM
FINAGRIN
FINAGRIN CREAM
FINAGRIN CREAM
WHAT IS FINAGRIN
FINAGRIN ANTI NAUSEA
FINAGRIN


Are you serious?!? I guess they heard about the awesome job I did here.

They don't search, "Hot Dad's" or "How Long Does it Take to Clean Your Backyard?" or even "What Woman Will Put Up With Eric?"

I'm a stinking Dad slash Parenting slash moderately funny blog.

Not a blog promoting PROCTOLOGY!!!

Maybe I was better not knowing that I was a moderate number success.

Have a great day Peg Wussies!!!

Comments