Award Winning ClassDojo Helps Communicate Your Student's Class Progress



When I was a kid going to school, the communication between my teachers and parents primarily consisted of notes and memo’s going back and forth in my folder.  Even when my oldest son (currently 22) was in school, we continued with the same type of communication.  It wasn’t until he was in high school where we had the updated option to email his teachers directly.  Now I have five children in school and just making time to look in their daily folders is a chore.  While hard copies of memo’s and reports are still fine and much needed reminders, their school uses a great mobile app to help keep us up to date on their status and their behavior.  The app is called ClassDojo.


ClassDojo [ Website | Twitter | Facebook ] is a classroom communication platform for teachers, parents and students. Primarily it is used to track behavior in the classroom and communicate the results to parents. Launched in August 2011, ClassDojo is used in 90 percent of K-8 schools in the United States and 180countries globally.

ClassDojo allows students, teachers and parents to connect, support and develop student skills. To use the classroom communication program, teachers register to obtain a free account, and then create "classes" with their students.



Students use the program initially with an access code; after creating an account, the students can customize avatars, see classes and see individual progress. Parents can also access ClassDojo when they are invited by the teachers, and can visualize the progress of the child and the information shared by the teachers. Teachers are also able to reward students with positive feedback in real time when they show positive character in a task or activity in class. Parents are also able to get direct communication from the teacher from ClassDojo.



ClassDojo is available as a free web application that can be used in any device with a web browser, and also with native applications for iPhone (iOS) and Android and Kindle. The company plans to keep the main platform free for teachers. The founders say that it is because they want teachers, students and parents in all types of schools to use ClassDojo to encourage learning, skill development, and character-building.

Awards and Recognitions




Reviews

5.0 out of 5 starsGREAT app for parents, students and teachers
This is one of my favorite apps. It enables me to communicate with my child's teacher at any given time. I don't need their email address or phone number. I simply pull up this app and send them a message. What I really like about this app is that any teacher my child has is listed, so I can communicate with homeroom teacher or any of them. Also this app allows the teacher to give out dojos for jobs well done. Once my child's dojos accrue prizes are awarded. It's a great communication and reward system.


5.0 out of 5 starsLove Dojo
Helps keep me informed on daily behavior so that issues can be addressed in a timely manner. Teachers post upcoming events to help keep parents informed. Also pictures can be posted that show that the kids are enjoying the educational activities they participate in. Is also a nice tool to communicate with the teachers with any concerns/praises.







Thanks for checking out this post, please leave a comment below to let me know what you thought about it. Also, be sure to subscribe to this blog as well as follow me on twitter and facebook. I appreciate you. Thank you for your time. - MCB

Comments