Drive to Work (A Frapaccino Morning)

This morning, I had to be at work at 6:00am and KC needed the van for appointments. So she woke up prior to 5:30 to take me there. Nana stayed the night and it was a rare occassion that none of the kids were up for the variety of reasons they wake up at 5:30 in the morning.



We cleared our minds and quietly left the house because barefeet on carpet wakes up the baby and my oldest daughter can sense when we are even thinking about leaving.



She made a request to stop at StarBucks. We ordered two Grande Mocha Frapaccinos (which I never see on the menu). While waiting we commented on how people at Starbucks always have cool names like; Jasmine, Vann, and Ashlynn. You never see a Bob, Eloise, or Reginald for some reason.



Anyways, I don't know if it was the fact that there were no kids in the back or the Grande Mocha Frapaccinos, but it was a fun drive to work. Usually that early one or both of us are still tired and not much talking is going on. But today was not that day.



We talked about everything that was going on in the different aspects of our lives that happen when one of us is not available. We joked, we laughed and had a good time together. Then a few minutes from work, I realized I forgot my laptop.



So we had to turn around, go back home, and pick it up. Now I was going to be late. But there were no worries. More talking, joking and laughing.



Thankfully everyone was still asleep when I snuck inside. I was 30 minutes late for work, but I didn't care. I'll make it up this afternoon.



It was one of those things that we sorely needed. With four kids and one on the way, the times we get to spend together that are not limited to laying in bed are very rare. I really enjoyed this morning with her.



Guess I'm getting Starbucks tomorrow morning too. I love you, sweetie.

Did you like this post? Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought. You can also subscribe to these posts HERE. Or any other place on the pages that offer subscriptions.



Juggling Eric Dad Blogs

Comments