Fun With Outlook!!!

This Dilbert Comic pretty much sums up why I work. If I could, I would stay home with my family without fear of not having a home to stay in with my family, I would. I probably get at least sixteen aneurisms a week from people at work. Currently, I am a Customer Service Team Lead. I used to pray for the day where we would be allowed to slap people again at work. But I'm moving departments later this month, I won't have the opportunity any longer. So, between aneurisms, I need to be able to have some sort of entertainment. So I have fun with outlook.

Fun With Outlook works like this. I have an original email that has been sent out to me or the entire team. I then take that email, change, add, or delete words in the email, and the forward it back to the originator or someone else. The change usually changes the entire concept of the email.

Below is an example. First you will read the original, then the update.

From: SJ
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:33 AM
To:
Cc: Bolton, Eric D; Claude
Subject: compliment

I rec'd a very nice compliment for Claude from Mrs. Roberts an employee who has a mentally handicapped child. She spent time on the phone with Claude with several issues and wanted us to know that he was wonderful to work with. "I deal with many mentally retarded issues for my son and Claude has been the most helpful person to work with and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate that kind of service".

Claude, this is a very nice compliment for you. Thank you so much for your patience and time you spent with this account and it is great when the members call me to say so! Great Job!

SJ Customer Service Manager

Now it's my change..

From: Bolton, Eric D
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 1:47 PM
To: SJ
Subject: FW: compliment

Are you sure this is a compliment?
______________________________________________


From: SJ
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:33 AM
To:
Cc: Bolton, Eric D; Claude
Subject: compliment

I rec'd a very nice compliment for Claude from Mrs. Roberts an employee. Claude, a mentally handicapped child, spent time on the phone with several issues and wanted us to know that he was wonderful to work with. "I deal with many mentally retarded employees and Claude has been the most retarded person to work with and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate that kind of service".

Claude, this is a very nice compliment for you. Thank you so much for your patience and time you spent with this account and it is great when the members call me to say so! Great Job!

SJ Customer Service Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have too much time on my hands?

Comments