Blog With No Title

Taken from my MySpace blog - dated 073008


Random rant: I wish it were still ok to slap people at work. I'm serious. There are just some people who don't get it. No matter how long they've been here. They choose not to comprehend and retain and it frustrates the crap out of me. It's proabably how my wife feels 98% of the time with me.

On with the show: I had a honey-do list this past weekend. What started off as just fixing the toilet seat turned into a near total bathroom make-over. When we bought the house a few years ago, the toilet seat in the hall bathroom was one of the wooden ones. It was coming apart so I had to buy a new one right away. I remember it vividly because my mother in law used it before I bought a new one and she complained how it pinched her when she sat down. We have one of those enlogated toilets, and the only ones at the local Wal-Mart that would go with our toilet color were a cushion one and another wooden one. So, I got the cushion one. My wife didn't like it, but she didn't like the wooden one either. Her only other option would be to fall in the toilet when she sat down. So we got that one. Well, that one broke. So we found a real one this weekend and while we were at Lowes she wanted a new showerhead. I also had to pick up some flashing to patch the roof from that weeks rain.

My daughter had come out of her room to tell her mom that it was raining in her room. Perfect. Hurricane Dolly did it's damage. When we got home I promptly fixed the roof, the toilet seat, shower head and fixed a loose towel rack. All within 60 minutes. Now I know it impressed my wife because she told me. But what I didn't know is that my 2 year old daughter was impressed as well. When my mother in law came by last night, Loreli took her to the bathroom and gave a tour of daddy's bathroom makeover. She told her that daddy fixed the toilet. That daddy fixed the new shower head. Daddy fixed the towel rack. She was bragging and proud of her daddy. I couldn't believe it, this girl gets in trouble daily for assaulting her baby brother, and listens pretty much never, but she took the time to appreciate something I took no time in doing. It's just one of those things that makes me proud to be a father.

I know it's silly, but I have to take it. When they get older they're going to take things like that for granted.

Carry On.

Comments